When you have been charged with or are under investigation for a crime, you want an experienced lawyer to protect your constitutional rights. The consequences of a conviction can be devastating, including substantial fines or penalties, as well as the loss of your freedom or other basic rights. Don't take unnecessary risk; contact an experienced attorney, one who knows the law and process, who has successfully protected the rights of others in situations like yours.
At the law office of Edward E. DeWerff, we bring considerable experience to every criminal case we handle. A former prosecuting attorney, Ed DeWerff has more than 20 years of trial experience.
For a free initial consultation, contact our office online, or call us at 931-266-4089 or 931-266-4091.
Our Tennessee Criminal Defense Practice
We provide a strong defense to people charged with felonies or misdemeanors, handling cases involving:
- DUI/DWI defense - We represent people at all stages of a drunk driving prosecution, from the administrative hearing regarding your driving privileges to the criminal proceeding to determine penalties.
- Domestic violence - We will help you protect your rights in cases involving allegations of domestic violence or abuse, including requests for restraining or protective orders.
- Drug offenses - We fight for the rights of people charged with drug possession or trafficking, handling cases involving all types of controlled substances, from marijuana and cocaine to heroin or illegal prescription drugs.
- Violent crimes - We defend individuals charged with violent crimes, including assault and battery, kidnapping, robbery, weapons crimes and homicide.
- Sex offenses - We handle sexual crimes, from child molestation or sexual abuse to rape, from Internet solicitation of minors to possession or dissemination of child pornography.
When you hire us to defend you on a criminal charge, we will conduct a thorough investigation of the facts and circumstances of your arrest so that we can determine whether your constitutional rights were violated. We will confirm whether there was probable cause for any search or seizure and whether any evidence was obtained in contradiction to constitutional safeguards.
Contact Our Office
We grant every new client a free initial consultation. To set up an appointment, contact us by e-mail or call us at 931-266-4089 or 931-266-4091. Evening and weekend meetings can be arranged upon request. We will arrange a payment plan, if necessary.